Poche pellicole mi riconciliano col cinema quanto Gli Intoccabili; è un film che adoro per regia, interpreti, dialoghi, ritmo, sceneggiatura e musiche - di un certo Ennio Morricone.
Numerose come non mai le scene da storia del cinema: la mazza da baseball, l'assalto al confine canadese e l'interrogatorio, il processo, l'inseguimento sul tetto, la carrozzina e la scalinata della stazione... you're nothing but a lot of talk and a badge!
Mi chiedo tutte le volte come faccia un attore come Kevin Costner, che non è certo un mostro di bravura, a risultare così adatto ai ruoli che gli affidano i grandi registi, e ad essere così improponibile in praticamente tutti gli altri film (specie i propri, e specie se sul baseball o sport altrettanto stupido)
Tags: al-capone, proibizionismo, violenza, gangster, tommy-gun, processo.
Nome di battesimo: Costner, Kevin Michael
Data di nascita: 18 January 1955
Altezza: 6' 1" (1.85 m)
Coniuge: Christine Baumgartner::(25 September 2004 - present), Cindy Silva::(5 March 1978 - 12 December 1994) (divorced) 3 children
- Mr. Brooks (2007) .... (producer) [produttore]
- The Guardian (2006) .... Ben Randall [attore]
- The Tortilla Curtain (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Rumor Has It... (2005) .... Beau Burroughs [attore]
- The Upside of Anger (2005) .... Denny Davies [attore]
- Dances with Wolves: The Creation of an Epic (2003) (V) .... (special thanks) [misc]
- Open Range (2003) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Dragonfly (2002) .... Joe Darrow [attore]
- 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001) .... Thomas J. Murphy [attore]
- Thirteen Days (2000) .... (producer) [produttore]
Kevin was born in Lynwood, California on January 18, 1955, the third child of Bill Costner, a ditch digger and ultimately an electric line servicer for Southern California Edison, and Sharon. His older brother, Dan, was born in 1950. A middle brother died at birth in 1953. His Dad's job required him to move regularly, which caused Kevin to feel like an Army kid, always the new kid at school, which led to him being a daydreamer. As a teen, he sang in the Baptist church choir, wrote poetry, and took writing classes. At 18, he built his own canoe and paddled his way down the rivers that Lewis & Clark followed to the Pacific. Despite his present height, he was only 5'2" when he graduated high school. Nonetheless, he still managed to be a basketball, football, and baseball star. In 1973, he enrolled at California State University at Fullerton, where he majored in business. During that period, Kevin decided to take acting lessons five nights a week. He graduated with a business degree in 1978 and married his college sweetheart, Cindy Silva. He initially took a marketing job in Orange County. Everything changed when he accidentally met Richard Burton on a flight from Mexico. Burton advised him to go completely after acting if that is what he wanted. He quit his job and moved to Hollywood soon after. He drove a truck, worked on a deep sea fishing boat, and gave bus tours to stars' homes before finally making his own way into the films. After making one soft core sex film, he vowed to not work again if that was the only work he could do. He didn't work for nearly six years, while he waited for a proper break. That break came with The Big Chill (1983), even though his scenes ended up on the cutting room floor -- he was remembered by director Lawrence Kasdan when he decided to make Silverado (1985). Costner's career took off after that.
Trivia random: Announced players who had been selected to Major League Baseball's All Century Team at the 1999 All Star game at Fenway Park in Boston.
Citazione random: "Real heroes are men who fall and fail and are flawed, but win out in the end because they've stayed true to their ideals and beliefs and commitments."
Untouchables, The (1987)
Regista: Brian De Palma
Scrittore: David Mamet
Genere: Crime, Drama, History, Thriller
Valutazione: 7.9/10 (39141 voti)
Durata: 119 min
- Kevin Costner .... Eliot Ness
- Sean Connery .... Jim Malone
- Charles Martin Smith .... Agent Oscar Wallace
- Andy Garcia .... Agent George Stone/Giuseppe Petri
- Robert De Niro .... Al Capone
- Richard Bradford .... Police Chief Mike Dorsett
- Jack Kehoe .... Walter Payne
- Brad Sullivan .... George
- Billy Drago .... Frank Nitti
- Patricia Clarkson .... Catherine Ness
A depiction of the mob warlord who ruled Prohibition-era Chicago . . . and the law enforcer who vowed to bring him down. Stars Kevin Costner as Eliot Ness, Robert De Niro as gangland kingpin Al Capone and Sean Connery as Malone, the cop who teaches Ness how to beat the mob: shoot fast and shoot first.
Trivia random: Though the Patron Saints of Policemen are Michael The Archangel and Saint Sebastian, Irish cops often carried medals of Saint Jude, the Patron Saint of Hopeless Causes.
Data di nascita: 10 November 1928
Coniuge: Maria Travia::(13 October 1956 - present) 4 children
- Il Cuore nel pozzo (2005) (TV) .... (conductor) [misc]
- Malèna (2000) .... (conductor) (orchestrator) [misc]
- Mission to Mars (2000) .... (conductor) (orchestrator) [misc]
- Lucignolo (1999) .... (composer: additional music) [misc]
- Ultimo 2 - La sfida (1999) (TV) .... (conductor) [misc]
- Bulworth (1998) .... (conductor) (orchestrator) [misc]
- Il Fantasma dell'opera (1998) .... (conductor) (orchestrator) [misc]
- La Leggenda del pianista sull'oceano (1998) .... (conductor) (orchestrator) [misc]
- The Odd Couple II (1998) .... (musician: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly") [misc]
- Lolita (1997) .... (conductor) (orchestrator) [misc]
A classmate of director Sergio Leone with whom he would form one of the great director/composer partnerships (right up there with Eisenstein & Prokofiev, Hitchcock & Herrmann, Fellini & Rota), Ennio Morricone studied at Rome's Santa Cecilia Conservatory, where he specialised in trumpet. His first film scores were relatively undistinguished, but he was hired by Leone for Per un pugno di dollari (1964) on the strength of some of his song arrangements. His score for that film, with its sparse arrangements, unorthodox instrumentation (bells, electric guitars, harmonicas, the distinctive twang of the jew's harp) and memorable tunes, revolutionised the way music would be used in Westerns, and it is hard to think of a post-Morricone Western score that doesn't in some way reflect his influence. Although his name will always be synonymous with the spaghetti Western, Morricone has also contributed to a huge range of other film genres: comedies, dramas, thrillers, horror films, romances, art movies, exploitation movies -making him one of the film world's most versatile artists. He has written nearly 400 film scores, so a brief summary is impossible, but his most memorable work includes the Leone films, Gillo Pontecorvos _Battaglia di Algeri, La (1965)_ , Roland Joffé's The Mission (1986), Brian De Palma's The Untouchables (1987) and Giuseppe Tornatore's _Nuovo cinema Paradiso (1988)_ , plus a rare example of sung opening credits for Pier Paolo Pasolini's Uccellacci e uccellini (1966). It must be stressed that he is *not* behind the work of the entirely separate composers Bruno Nicolai and Nicola Piovani despite allegations made by more than one supposedly reputable film guide!
Trivia random: Father of Andrea Morricone.