I brutti film brutti, ti fanno apprezzare i bei film brutti.
In Oscure Presenze il figlio di Lloyd Bridges e il cugino di George Clooney passano un'ora e 40 a battibeccare "io ci credo!", "io non ci credo!", "io non ci credo che tu non ci credi!" riguardo ai fantasmi che infestano una casa del sud degli Stati Uniti. Se la sceneggiatura non brilla, il reparto effetti speciali invece sì che si è fatto cascare i maroni: la soggettiva dell'oscura presenza consiste in un vetro macchiato con una bomboletta spray blu posto davanti alla telecamera...
Bleargh, da evitare come la peste. Voto: 1. Trashometro® 2/10:
Sightings: Heartland Ghost (2002) (TV)
Regista: Brian Trenchard-Smith
Scrittore: Phil Penningroth
Valutazione: 5.4/10 (109 voti)
Durata: 105 min
- Randy Birch .... J.T. Ginnis
- Beau Bridges .... Derek
- Richard Halliday .... Photographer
- Lori Ravensborg .... Jules Berens
- Nia Long .... Lou
- Thea Gill .... Pam
- Gabriel Olds .... Jeff
- Matthew Currie Holmes .... Nolan
- Miguel Ferrer .... Allen
- Trevor Roberts .... Arnold
Nome di battesimo: Ferrer, Miguel José
Data di nascita: 7 February 1955
Altezza: 6' 1" (1.85 m)
Coniuge: Lori Weintraub::(2 September 2005 - present), Leilani Sarelle::(1991 - 2003) (divorced) 2 children
- The Man (2005) .... Agent Peters [attore]
- Halo 2 (2004) (VG) .... Heretic Leader (voice) [attore]
- The Manchurian Candidate (2004) .... Colonel Garret [attore]
- Silver City (2004) .... Cliff Castleton [attore]
- Shadow Realm (2002) (TV) .... Dr. Daniel Critchley [attore]
- Sightings: Heartland Ghost (2002) (TV) .... Allen [attore]
- Sunshine State (2002) .... Lester [attore]
- ""Crossing Jordan"" (2001) .... [regista]
- L.A. Sheriff's Homicide (2000) (TV) .... Sgt. Walter Drazin [attore]
- Traffic (2000) .... Eduardo Ruiz [attore]
Quick: name another actor who appeared on three primetime TV series simultaneously. This balding, spirited character actor, the son of Jose Ferrer (whom he closely resembles) and Rosemary Clooney, is quickly carving out a niche in flamboyant villainy with a sense of humor, and figures to be a notable player in the 1990s. Movie audiences first noticed him as the coke-snorting corporate baddie in RoboCop (1987), which he followed with a bit as a sinister biker in Valentino Returns (1988), and then went delightfully over the top as the scientist who flips out in Deep Star Six (1989). In 1990 he did manage a couple of relatively normal roles: as Kevin Costner's sidekick in Revenge and as a neighbor friend in The Guardian His TV hat trick consisted of a Cajun cop on "Broken Badges," a politically ambitious D.A. on "Shannon's Deal," and, his bestknown role to date, the acerbic medical examiner on "Twin Peaks" (all 1990-91). Recent films include Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992), Point of No Return, Hot Shots! Part Deux, Another Stakeout (all 1993), and Blank Check (1994). Copyright © 1994 Leonard Maltin, used by arrangement with Signet, a division of Penguin Putnam, Inc.
Trivia random: Is a long-time friend of Carrie Fisher. He helped her prepare for her Star Wars (1977) audition.
Nome di battesimo: III, Lloyd Vernet Bridges
Data di nascita: 9 December 1941
Altezza: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
Coniuge: Wendy Treece Bridges::(10 April 1984 - present) 3 children, Julie Landifield::(1964 - 1984) (divorced) 1 son & 1 adopted son.
- Americanizing Shelley (2006) .... Gary Gordon [attore]
- The Good German (2006) .... Colonel Muller [attore]
- Spinning Into Butter (2006) .... Burton Strauss [attore]
- ""Into the West"" (2005) (mini) .... Stephen Hoxie [attore]
- 10.5: Apocalypse (2005) (TV) .... President Paul Hollister [attore]
- The Ballad of Jack and Rose (2005) .... Marty Rance [attore]
- I-See-You.Com (2005) .... Father [attore]
- Smile (2005/I) .... Steven [attore]
- 10.5 (2004) (TV) .... President Paul Hollister [attore]
- Debating Robert Lee (2004) .... Mr. Lee [attore]
Beau Bridges is the son of actor Lloyd Bridges and his wife--who was his college sweetheart--Dorothy. Born just two days after the attack on Pearl Harbor, he was delivered by candlelight because of a power blackout. Named Lloyd Vernet Bridges III, his parents immediately started calling him Beau after Ashley Wilkes' son in Gone with the Wind (1939), a book they were reading at the time. His younger brother, actor Jeff Bridges, was born in 1949 and a sister, Cindy, the following year.Although only 5'10", Beau played basketball for UCLA his freshman year. The following year he transferred to the University of Hawaii, but dropped out to pursue acting and got his first major role in 1967. During his first marriage to Julie Landifield, they adopted Casey, and then had Jordan. He and his second wife, Wendy, have three children from this marriage - Dylan (b. 1985), Emily (b. 1987) and Ezekiel.Beau likes to play guitar and collects Native American percussion instruments. He also loves the ocean, including swimming and surfing. He is also active in environmental causes and handgun control.
Trivia random: Starred with father Lloyd Bridges and son Dylan in Showtime's "The Outer Limits" (1995) on 22 March 1995.