sabato 29 ottobre 2005
Non quanto un finanziere che annuncia "tranquilli, è solo un banale controllo fiscale" o qualcuno che grida "oh no... i libici!", però mi inquieta parecchio.
Deadly Cargo (precisa traduzione di Cámara oscura) si inserisce degnamente nella parte più bassa di una classifica che già non elenca grandi capolavori (si salva Apri Gli Occhi e poco altro).
Una manica di fessi vanno al largo per una immersione subacquea quando, con notevole acume, danno fuoco alla barca che esplode manco fosse stata alimentata a plutonio. Dopo qualche ora a mollo riescono a salire come clandestini sul suddetto Deadly Cargo dove un gruppo di imbecilli più grandi dei nostri eroi cercherà di stanarli (inutile dire che facciamo tutti il tifo per i cattivi).
Il resto della trama è un riempitivo per arrivare al punto in cui la produzione ha finito i soldi per la pellicola.
Recitazione pessima, regia idem, trama pietosa e zero tensione e colpi di scena (oddio, l'omicidio della donna a sangue freddo non è male, ma è l'unico episodio decente)
Il risultato finale è un film più patetico di prodotti già scarsi come Nameless e Darkness.
Per i cultori del trash, segnalo un altro film spagnolo, vero capolavoro assoluto di non-sense da vedere ad ogni costo (meglio in chiassosa compagnia): Tuno negro. Film SPETTACOLARE nella sua demenzialità.
giovedì 27 ottobre 2005
Grande colonna sonora che spazia in molti generi, eccezionali la regia e la fotografia di una luminosissima notte di Los Angeles, colma di lampioni, palazzi e fari di auto ed elecotteri. Luci sempre in movimento e sempre riflesse su vetri, specchi e carrozzerie lucide; una bella scelta, in anni in cui per ottenere effetti stylish si è spesso ricorso a filtri e alterazioni dei colori (Traffic e The Aviator, per dire).
I dialoghi (cool), come tutto il resto, servono più a creare l'atmosfera, che non a raccontare la storia; bravi gli interpreti, anche se non sono convintissimo che Jamie Foxx abbia la carriera assicurata (vedremo i suoi prossimi lavori).
A mio parere uno dei film più godibili da vedere degli ultimi anni.
Voto: 9 (da guardare a notte fonda!)
E complimenti a Tom Cruise che da quando può scegliersi e/o prodursi i film da solo, ha sbagliato veramente poco, ottenendo quasi sempre successi di pubblico e critica. (è tappo, è scientologo ed ha mollato la Kidman... fa piacere sapere che nessuno è perfetto... )
- Leonardo DiCaprio .... Howard Hughes
- Cate Blanchett .... Katharine Hepburn
- Kate Beckinsale .... Ava Gardner
- John C. Reilly .... Noah Dietrich
- Alec Baldwin .... Juan Trippe
- Alan Alda .... Senator Ralph Owen Brewster
- Ian Holm .... Professor Fitz
- Danny Huston .... Jack Frye
- Gwen Stefani .... Jean Harlow
- Jude Law .... Errol Flynn
The script begins as a young Hughes directs one of Scorsese's favorite films, Hell's Angels. Hughes was so obsessed with perfection in the aerial sequences that he waits forever for perfect conditions, right down to cloud formations. The Aviator ends in 1946, when Hughes was still a dashing young man and romancing actresses like Ava Gardner and Katharine Hepburn.
Nome di battesimo: IV, Thomas Cruise Mapother
Data di nascita: 3 July 1962
Altezza: 5' 7" (1.70 m)
Coniuge: Nicole Kidman::(24 December 1990 - 8 August 2001) (divorced) 2 (adopted) children, Mimi Rogers::(9 May 1987 - 4 February 1990) (divorced)
- Deathrace 3000 (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- The Eye (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- I Married a Witch (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Mission: Impossible III (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Untitled Sam Jones/Motocross Project (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- War Magician (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Ask the Dust (2005) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Elizabethtown (2005) .... (producer) [produttore]
- War of the Worlds (2005) .... Ray Ferrier [attore]
- Collateral (2004) .... Vincent [attore]
In 1976, if you had told 14 year old Franciscan seminary student Thomas Cruise Mapother IV that one day in the not too distant future he would be considered one of the top 100 movie stars of all time, he would have probably grinned and told you that his ambition was to become a priest. Nonetheless, this sensitive, deeply religious youngster who was born in 1962 in Syracuse, New York, was destined to become Tom Cruise, one of the highest paid and most sought after actors in screen history. The only son (among four children) of nomadic parents young Tom spent his boyhood eternally on the move and by the time he was 14 he had attended 15 different schools in the US and Canada. He finally settled in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, with his mother and her new husband. While in high school, he developed an interest in acting and abandoned his plans of becoming a priest, dropped out of school, and at age 18 headed for New York and a possible acting career. The next 15 years of his life are the stuff of legends. He made his film debut with a small part in Endless Love (1981) and from the outset exhibited an undeniable box office appeal to both male and female audiences.Though below average height and not particularly handsome in the traditional sense, within 5 years Tom Cruise was starring in some of the top grossing films of the 1980s including Top Gun (1986); The Color of Money (1986), Rain Man (1988) and Born on the Fourth of July (1989). By the 1990s he was one of the highest paid actors in the world earning an average 15 million dollars a picture in such blockbuster hits as _Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)_ , Mission: Impossible (1996) and Jerry Maguire (1996) for which he received an Academy Award Nomination for best actor. In 1990 he renounced his devout Catholic beliefs and embraced The Church Of Scientology claiming that Scientology teachings had cured him of the dyslexia that had plagued him all of his life. A kind and thoughful man well known for his compassion and generosity, Tom Cruise is one of the best liked members of the movie community. He was married to actress Nicole Kidman until 2001. Thomas Cruise Mapother IV has indeed come a long way from the lonely wanderings of his youth.
Trivia random: Wore braces on his flashy, million-dollar smile in 2002 to correct a misaligned bite.
Citazione random: [on the relationship with Katie Holmes, about other people thinking it's a publicity stunt] "It's amusing at first. It's funny. But then you sit back and realize how sad it is that there are people who can't even imagine feeling like this. But my friends are happy for me. The people who know me are happy. My mom is happy. My family is happy."
- Benicio Del Toro .... Javier Rodriguez
- Jacob Vargas .... Manolo Sanchez
- Andrew Chavez .... Desert Truck Driver
- Michael Saucedo .... Desert Truck Driver
- Tomas Milian .... General Arturo Salazar
- Jose Yenque .... Salazar Soldier/The Torturer
- Emilio Rivera .... Salazar Soldier #2
- Michael O'Neill .... Lawyer Rodman
- Michael Douglas .... Robert Wakefield
- Russell G. Jones .... Mark, the Clerk
A modern day look at America's war on drugs told through four separate stories that are connected in one way or another. A conservative politician who's just been appointed as the US drug czar learns that his daughter is a drug addict. A trophy wife struggles to save her husband's drug business, while two DEA agents protect a witness with inside knowledge of the spouse's business. In Mexico, a corrupt, yet dedicated cop struggles with his conscience when he learns that his new boss may not be the anti-drug official he made himself out to be.
Nome di battesimo: Kidman, Nicole Mary
Data di nascita: 20 June 1967
Altezza: 5' 10½" (1.79 m)
Coniuge: Tom Cruise::(24 December 1990 - 8 August 2001) (divorced) 2 children
- Headhunters (2007) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Bienvenido a casa (2006) .... Hilary Pawell [attrice]
- Fur (2006) .... Diane Arbus [attrice]
- Happy Feet (2006) .... Norma Jean (voice) [attrice]
- The Lady from Shanghai (2006) .... [attrice]
- The Visiting (2006) .... Carol [attrice]
- Bewitched (2005) .... Isabel Bigelow/Samantha [attrice]
- The Interpreter (2005) .... Silvia Broome [attrice]
- Premio Donostia a Willem Dafoe (2005) (TV) .... (singer: "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend") (uncredited) [misc]
- Birth (2004) .... Anna [attrice]
Elegant redhead Nicole Kidman, known as one of Hollywood's top Australian imports, was actually born in Honolulu, Hawaii to Anthony (a biochemist and clinical psychologist) and Janelle (a nursing instructor) Kidman. The family moved almost immediately to Washington, D.C., where Nicole's father pursued his research on breast cancer, then, three years later, made the pilgrimage to her parents' native Sydney. Young Nicole's first love was ballet, but she eventually took up mime and drama as well (her first stage role was a bleating sheep in an elementary school Christmas pageant). In her adolescent years, acting edged out the other arts and became a kind of refuge--as her classmates sought out fun in the sun, the fair-skinned Kidman retreated to dark rehearsal halls to practice her craft. She worked regularly at the Philip Street Theater, where she once received a personal letter of praise and encouragement from audience member Jane Campion (then a film student). Kidman eventually dropped out of high school to pursue acting full-time. She broke into movies at age 16, landing a role in the Australian holiday favorite Bush Christmas (1983). That appearance touched off a flurry of film and TV offers, including a lead in BMX Bandits (1983) and a turn as a schoolgirl-turned- protester in the miniseries "Vietnam" (1987) (mini) (for which she won her first Australian Film Institute Award). With the help of an American agent, she eventually made her US debut opposite Sam Neill in the at-sea thriller Dead Calm (1989). Kidman's next casting coup scored her more than exposure. While starring as Tom Cruise's doctor/love interest in the racetrack romance Days of Thunder (1990), she won over the Hollywood hunk hook, line, and sinker. After a whirlwind courtship (and decent box office returns), the couple wed on December 24, 1990. Determined not to let her new marital status overshadow her fledgling career, the actress pressed on. She appeared as a catty high school senior in the Australian film Flirting (1991), then as Dustin Hoffman's moll in the gangster flick Billy Bathgate (1991). She reunited with Cruise for Far and Away (1992), the story of young Irish lovers who flee to America in the late 1800s, and starred opposite Michael Keaton in the tear-tugger My Life (1993/I). Despite her steady employment, critics and moviegoers still hadn't quite warmed to Kidman as a leading lady. She tried to spice up her image by seducing Val Kilmer in Batman Forever (1995), but achieved her real breakthrough with Gus Van Sant's To Die For (1995). As a fame-crazed housewife determined to eliminate any obstacle in her path, Kidman proved that she had an impressive range and deadly comic timing. She took home a Golden Globe and several critics' awards for the performance. In 1996, Kidman stepped into a corset to work with her countrywoman and onetime admirer, Jane Campion, on the adaptation of Henry James's The Portrait of a Lady (1996). A few months later, she tore across the screen as a nuclear weapons expert in The Peacemaker (1997), adding "action star" to her professional repertoire. She and Cruise then disappeared into a notoriously long, secretive shoot for Stanley Kubrick's sexual thriller Eyes Wide Shut (1999). The couple's on-screen shenanigans prompted an increase in public speculation about their sex life (rumors had long been circulating that their marriage was a cover-up for Cruise's homosexuality); tired of denying tabloid attacks, they successfully sued The Star for a story alleging that they needed a sex therapist to coach them through love scenes. Family life has always been a priority for Kidman. Born to social activists (mom was a feminist, dad a labor advocate), Nicole and her little sister, Antonia, discussed current events around the dinner table and participated in their parents' campaigns by passing out pamphlets on street corners. When her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, 17-year-old Nicole stopped working and took a massage course so that she could provide physical therapy (her mom eventually beat the cancer). She and Cruise adopted two children: Isabella Jane (born in 1993) and Connor Antony (born 1995). Despite their rock-solid image, the couple announced in early 2001 that they were separating due to career conflicts.
Trivia random: Scored an IQ of 132+
Citazione random: "It was by chance that The Hours (2002) came along. Was I in a place where I could say, I'm going to go to England and make this? Yes. Could I do that earlier, when I was married? No, I couldn't travel like that. We had a thing where we couldn't be separated for more than two weeks. So that made a lot of work just not possible. Which was fine by me."
Nome di battesimo: Bishop, Eric Morlon
Data di nascita: 13 December 1967
Altezza: 5' 10½" (1.79 m)
- Damage Control (2007) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Dreamgirls (2006) .... Curtis Taylor Jr. [attore]
- Miami Vice (2006) .... Det. Ricardo Tubbs [attore]
- Jarhead (2005) .... Sgt. Siek [attore]
- Stealth (2005) .... Lt. Henry Purcell [attore]
- Breakin' All the Rules (2004) .... Quincy Watson [attore]
- Collateral (2004) .... Max [attore]
- ESPY Awards (2004) (TV) .... [scrittore]
- Ray (2004/I) .... Ray Charles [attore]
- Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story (2004) .... Stan 'Tookie' Williams [attore]
Jamie's mother, Louise, was an adopted child. When her marriage to his father failed, his grandparents, Mark and Estelle Talley, stepped in and, at age 7 months, adopted him too. He says he had a very rigid upbringing that placed him in the Boy Scouts and the church choir. During high school, he played quarterback for his high school team and was good enough that he got press in Dallas newspapers. He studied music in college. He released a music album in 1994, "Peep This" and sings the theme song for his 1999 movie, Any Given Sunday (1999). However, in 1989, his life changed when a girl friend challenged him to get up onstage at the Comedy Club. In fact, he says he took his androgynous stage name because he learned that women got preference for mike time on open stage nights. That led to his being cast in "Roc" (1991) and "In Living Color" (1990) and ultimately to his own WB network TV series. He has a daughter, Corrine, born in 1995, who lives with her mother.
Trivia random: February 2004 - Pled guilty to one misdemeanor count of disturbing the peace in a plea deal involving previous charges of battery against a New Orleans policeman in a casino last April. He received two years probation and a $1500 fine.
Citazione random: After six hours of being blind, you lose the sense of how a person is physically. It was amazing to hear the little buzzing voices all around you. [On wearing prosthetic eyelids which made him blind in _Ray (2004/I)_ ]
- Tom Cruise .... Vincent
- Jamie Foxx .... Max
- Jada Pinkett Smith .... Annie
- Mark Ruffalo .... Fanning
- Peter Berg .... Richard Weidner
- Bruce McGill .... Pedrosa
- Irma P. Hall .... Ida
- Barry Shabaka Henley .... Daniel
- Richard T. Jones .... Traffic Cop #1
- Klea Scott .... Fed #1
One night in Los Angeles, cab driver Max Durocher picks up a gray-suited man named Vincent. Vincent offers Max a large sum of money to drive him to five locations around LA before the night is up. Max accepts, but realizes that Vincent is a hitman who has been hired to kill five people that night. Max is forced to drive Vincent around the City of Angels, unsure if he'll live to see sunrise.
mercoledì 26 ottobre 2005
La guerra tra Russia e Cina sfocia in un conflitto batteriologico che si diffonde su tutto il pianeta, sterminando la maggior parte della popolazione.
I pochi sopravvissuti di Los Angeles hanno subito una mutazione che li rende albini e completamente incapaci di vivere alla luce ed hanno fondato una organizzazione/setta che vede nella scienza la fonte del male; loro ultimo avversario è il dottore militare Neville, immunizzatosi alla piaga grazie ad un vaccino sperimentale da lui sviluppato.
Al fianco di Neville solo uno sparuto gruppo di persone parzialmente immuni, nelle quali il contagio si propaga molto lentamente e che sperano di poter guarire, per rifondare la società umana.
Film dei primi anni '70 dal ritmo sostenuto; il tema del conflitto tra scienza (ed i suoi rischi) e nuovo oscurantismo (e le sue fobie) riesce ad essere espresso piuttosto bene, pur restando un film di fantascienza/drammatico e senza finire con l'essere accademico.
Un classico del genere che, come certi film sugli zombie di un tale signor Romero, ha più di un debito con un capolavoro del bianco e nero italiano: The Last Man on Earth, del 1964.
PS: ieri sera c'era pure Grease; decisamente non il mio genere, ma diavolo... tell me more, tell me more... - was it love at first sight?, che classico!
Altro PS sui blog, tratto dalla ultima newsletter di Dilbert:
1. The world sure needs more of ME.
2. Maybe I'll shout more often so that people nearby can experience the joy of knowing my thoughts.
3. No, wait, shouting looks too crazy.
4. I know ... I'll write down my daily thoughts and badger people to read them.
5. If only there was a description for this process that doesn't involve the words egomaniac or unnecessary.
6. What? It's called a blog? I'm there!
Cambiando tema, IPlib un mio piccolo e vecchio modulo Python ha trovato una maintainer e presto dovrebbe essere inclusa nella Debian ufficiale. Piccole soddisfazioni...
Nome di battesimo: Romero, George Andrew
Data di nascita: 4 February 1940
Altezza: 6' 4" (1.93 m)
Coniuge: Christine Forrest::(1981 - present), Nancy Romero::(1971 - 1978) (divorced)
- Diamond Dead (2007) .... [scrittore]
- City of the Dead (2006) (VG) .... (producer) [produttore]
- The Crazies (2006) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- Day of the Dead (2006) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (2005) .... [regista]
- The Ill (2005) .... (screenplay) [scrittore]
- Land of the Dead (2005) .... (written by) [scrittore]
- Dawn of the Dead (2004) .... [scrittore]
- The Lost Tape: Andy's Terrifying Last Days Revealed (2004) (V) .... (special thanks) [misc]
- I'll See You in My Dreams (2003) .... (thanks) [misc]
George A. Romero never set out to become a Hollywood figure. However, by all indications, he was very successful. The director of the ground-breaking "Dead" tetralogy was born February 4, 1940, in New York City. He grew up in there until attending the renowned Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.After graduation, he began shooting mostly short films and commercials. He and friends formed Image Ten Productions in the late 1960s and they all chipped in roughly US$10,000 apiece to produce what became one of the most celebrated American horror films of all time, Night of the Living Dead (1968). Shot in black-and-white on a limited budget of just over US$100,000, Romero's vision, combined with a solid script written by him and Image co-founder John A. Russo--along with what was then considered an excess of gore, enabled the film to earn back multitudes more than what it cost, became a cult classic by the early 1970s, and was inducted into the United States' National Film Registry in 1999. Romero's next films were a little more low-key and less-seen, including There's Always Vanilla (1971), The Crazies (1973), Hungry Wives (1973) (where he met future wife Christine Forrest), and Martin (1977). Though not as acclaimed as "Night" or some of his later work, these films had his signature social commentary while dealing with issues (usually horror-related) at the microscopic level. And like almost all of his films, they were shot in or around Romero's favorite city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.In 1978, Romero returned to the zombie genre with the one film of his that would top the success of NotLD, Dawn of the Dead (1978). He managed to divorce the franchise from Image Ten, which screwed up the copyright on the original, making them entitled to no profit from video prints and allowing the film to slip into the public domain. Shooting in the Monroeville Mall during late-night hours, Romero depicted the sorrowful tale of four people who escape a zombie outbreak and subsequently lock themselves up inside what they think is paradise before the solitude makes them victims of their own (and a biker gang's) greed. Shot on a budget of just US$1.5 million, the film earned over US$40 million worldwide and was named one of the top cult films by Entertainment Weekly magazine in 2003. The film also marked Romero's first work with the brilliant make-up and effects artist Tom Savini. After 1978, Romero and Savini teamed up many times.DotD's success led to bigger budgets and better talent for the filmmaker. His early 1980s films had better casting. First was Knightriders (1981), where he first worked with an up-and-coming Ed Harris. Then came perhaps his most Hollywood-like film, Creepshow (1982), which marked the first--but not the last--time Romero adapted a work by famed horror novelist Stephen King. With many major stars and major studio distribution, "Creepshow" was a moderate success and spawned a sequel, which was also written by Romero.The decline of Romero's career came in the late 1980s. His last widely released film was the next "Dead" film, Day of the Dead (1985). Panned by critics, the film did not garner much at the box office either. His latest two efforts were The Dark Half (1993)--another King adaptation--and Bruiser (2000/I). Even the Romero-penned, Savini-directed remake of Romero's first film, Night of the Living Dead (1990) was a box-office failure. Pigeonholed solely as a horror director and his recent films no longer achieving the success of his earlier Dead films, Romero has not worked much since, much to the chagrin of his following. In 2005, 19 years after "Day of the Dead," with major-studio distribution, he returned to his most famous series and horror sub-genre he created with _Land of the Dead (2005)_, a further exploration of the destruction of modern society by the undead, that received both excellent and indifferent reviews and even topped the United States box-office in its first week of release. He still resides in Pittsburgh.
Trivia random: Was originally slated to write and direct Resident Evil (2002).
Citazione random: "I'll never live long enough to arrive at some sort of peaceful coexistence of some kind. That's probably the only way you could end it on a note of promise, which would mean the zombies would learn how to eat Spam or chicken livers, instead of your liver. But I'll never get to that point."
Regista: Boris Sagal
Scrittore: Richard Matheson, John William Corrington
Genere: Sci-Fi, Drama, Thriller
Valutazione: 6.5/10 (2869 voti)
Durata: 98 min
Robert Neville, a doctor,due to an experimental vaccine, is the only survivor of an apocalyptic war waged with biological weapons. The plague caused by the war has killed everyone else except for a few hundred deformed, nocturnal people calling themselves "The Family". The plague has caused them to become sensitive to light, as well as homicidally psychotic. They believe science and technology to be the cause of the war and their punishment, and Neville, as the last symbol of science, the old world, and a "user of the wheel", must die. Neville, using electricty, machinery, and science attempts to hold them at bay.
- John Travolta .... Danny Zuko
- Olivia Newton-John .... Sandy Olsson
- Stockard Channing .... Betty Rizzo
- Jeff Conaway .... Kenickie
- Barry Pearl .... Doody
- Michael Tucci .... Sonny
- Kelly Ward .... Putzie
- Didi Conn .... Frenchy
- Jamie Donnelly .... Jan
- Dinah Manoff .... Marty Maraschino
What, you haven't seen it? Danny is the 'coolest' of the T Birds, a group of High School guys, they hang out with the Pink Ladies. Danny met Sandy during the summer holiday and now she's moved to the area and to his school, Rydell High. Sandy doesn't fit in with the 'cool' scene, and the Pink ladies, "Look at me I'm Sandra Dee, Blessed with my virginity" sings Rizzo, the Pink Ladies leader. A rival gang Scorpians want to race the T Birds car ("Go Greased Lightening ..."). Also there's a National Dance TV show coming to Rydall High ... There are a couple of rival suitors to Sandy and Danny, to liven the relationship up. And 'oh yes' - Graduation.
Regista: Ubaldo Ragona
Scrittore: Richard Matheson
Genere: Horror, Sci-Fi, Drama
Valutazione: 7.1/10 (847 voti)
Durata: 86 min
Paese: USA, Italy
Dr. Robert Morgan (Vincent Price) is the only survivor of a devastating world-wide plague due to a mysterious immunity he acquired to the bacterium while working in Central America years ago. He is all alone now...or so it seems. As night falls, plague victims begin to leave their graves, part of a hellish undead army that'�s thirsting for blood...his!
martedì 25 ottobre 2005
Non ho molto di diverso da dire sul film in sé, rispetto a quanto è già stato ampiamente ripetuto in tutte le sedi: la recitazione, i dialoghi ed in molte situazioni la fotografia, le luci e persino le scenografie risultano molto teatrali, e questo contribuisce a dare al film quel tono epico di cui la storia ha bisogno.
Menzione particolare per l'interpretazione di Parsifal, davvero ottima. E poi ci sono i carmina burana, che qui ci stanno proprio bene!
Molti momenti del film sono poi stati citati in opere successive; magari è un delirio solo mio, ma niente mi toglierà dalla testa che lo stesso combattimento contro se stesso di Luke Skywalker ne Il Ritorno Dello Jedi sia ispirato alle allucinazioni del buon Lancillotto...
Impossibile poi non ricordare Superfantozzi e la sua meravigliosa parodia. Excalibur, imbecille!
In other news, la droga scorre a fiumi:
- Retata nella Roma-bene (-bene è un suffisso che storicamente identifica una manica di mezze calzette); per ora non ci sono i nomi: IL PUBBLICO (PETTEGOLO!) VUOLE SAPERE!
- Si minaccia una fischion sulle vicende di Paolo Calissano; vabbé battere il chiodo finché è caldo, ma aspettare almeno che si raffreddi il cadavere...
- Ho le prove che i tre trans con cui è stato beccato Lapo Elkann erano in realtà Moggi, Bettega e Giraudo!
Ci credo che il povero ragazzo si deprime e si rifugia nella droga...
Voto per Extrumbulus: 8.
- Paolo Villaggio .... Ugo Fantozzi
- Liu Bosisio .... Pina Fantozzi
- Gigi Reder .... Filini
- Plinio Fernando .... Mariangela Fantozzi
- Eva Lena .... Various characters
- Luc Merenda .... Various characters rest of cast listed alphabetically: Jimmy il Fenomeno
When God created man, his first try at it wasn't very successful... Fantozzi was born, and right from the beginning of time he was doomed to be humiliated and laughed at. In a number of episodes we follow the unlucky adventures of the various descendants of Fantozzi through time, from the moment they are thrown out of the Garden of Eden to the Space Age of the future.
- Nigel Terry .... King Arthur
- Helen Mirren .... Morgana
- Nicholas Clay .... Lancelot
- Cherie Lunghi .... Guenevere
- Paul Geoffrey .... Perceval
- Nicol Williamson .... Merlin
- Robert Addie .... Mordred
- Gabriel Byrne .... Uther Pendragon
- Keith Buckley .... Uryens
- Katrine Boorman .... Igrayne
The myth of King Arthur brought once again to the screen. Uthur Pendragon is given the mystical sword Excalibur by the wizard Merlyn. At his death Uthur buries the sword into a stone, and the next man that can pull it out will be King of England. Years later Arthur, Uthur's bastard son draws Excalibur and becomes king. Guided by Merlyn, Arthur marries Guenivere and gathers the Knights of the Round Table. Arthur's evil half-sister Morgana sires a son with him, who may prove his downfall.
Regista: Richard Marquand
Scrittore: George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan
Genere: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Valutazione: 8.2/10 (93906 voti) [#118 nella top250]
Durata: 134 min
- Mark Hamill .... Luke Skywalker
- Harrison Ford .... Han Solo
- Carrie Fisher .... Princess Leia Organa
- Billy Dee Williams .... Lando Calrissian
- Anthony Daniels .... C-3PO
- Peter Mayhew .... Chewbacca
- Sebastian Shaw .... Anakin Skywalker
- Ian McDiarmid .... The Emperor
- Frank Oz .... Yoda (voice)
- James Earl Jones .... Darth Vader (voice)
Darth Vader and the Empire are building a new, indestructible Death Star. Meanwhile, Han Solo has been imprisoned, and Luke Skywalker has sent R2D2 and C3PO to try and free him. Princess Leia - disguised as a bounty hunter - and Chewbacca go along as well. The final battle takes place on the moon of Endor, with its natural inhabitants, the Ewoks, lending a hand to the rebels. Will Darth Vader and the dark side overcome the rebels and take over the universe ?
Data di nascita: 18 February 1967
- Per amore (2002) (TV) .... Dario Savi [attore]
- "Vento di ponente" (2002) .... Guido Mandelli [attore]
- Quello che le ragazze non dicono (2000) .... Avvocato Bini [attore]
- Excellent Cadavers (1999) .... Policeman #1 [attore]
- Fairway - una strada lunga un sogno (1999) .... [attore]
- "Vivere" (1999) .... Bruno De Carolis [attore]
- Cucciolo (1998) .... [attore]
- "La Dottoressa Giò 2" (1998) (mini) .... [attore]
- "La Dottoressa Giò" (1997) (mini) .... Stefani [attore]
- Double Team (1997) .... Roma CIA Agent [attore]
sabato 22 ottobre 2005
La trama è in realtà abbastanza convenzionale: lui che sembra un perfetto estraneo tanto simpatico si rivela una carogna che ha rapito babbo/mamma/figli per costringere Il Buono Di Turno® a commettere una qualche azione empia.
Nel caso specifico lui (che non capisco come mai non si trasformi nello spaventapasseri) sequestra lei (gran topina!), direttrice di un albergo dove alloggerà un importante politico (l'implausibile Jack Scalia!!!), durante un volo aereo e - grazie ad un complice che minaccia il padre di lei - cercherà di convincerla a collaborare all'omicidio del pezzo grosso.
Non essere originali non è reato: basta far le cose fatte bene.
La prima parte, sull'aereo, tutto sommato funziona anche: non che ci sia un solo momento originale, ma ci accontenterebbe anche.
Poi si scende dall'aeroplano e - vuoi che erano finiti i soldi per far le cose fatte bene, vuoi che eran finite le idee (che non pullulavano già prima) - inizia la parte ridicola del film, con inseguimenti, esplosioni, ripicche personali (mii, che terrorista professionale ) e nessuno che si sogna di chiamare la polizia. Taciamo sulle battutine per allentare la tensione, che riescono solo ad annientare totalmente quel poco che ne rimaneva.
Da tenere d'occhio Cillian Murphy, che si sforza molto per entrare nella classifica dei peggiori attori del momento.
Tra l'altro non capisco gli scrupoli morali della protagonista nel contribuire ad un attentato ai danni di Jack Scalia! Avanti... chi non avrebbe pagato di tasca propria per farlo?
Nome di battesimo: Rachel MacAdams
Data di nascita: 7 October 1976
Altezza: 5' 5" (1.65 m)
- "Earth: Final Conflict" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Famous Jett Jackson" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "HBO First Look" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Late Show with David Letterman" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Total Request Live" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- The Family Stone (2005) .... Amy Stone [attrice]
- Red Eye (2005/I) .... Lisa Reisert [attrice]
- Wedding Crashers (2005) .... Claire Cleary [attrice]
- Mean Girls (2004) .... Regina George [attrice]
Rachel McAdams was raised in St. Thomas, Ontario. Starting at the age of four, she competed in figure skating. By the age of 13, she was performing in Shakespearean productions in summer theater camp.In high school, McAdams intended to apply to college to study cultural studies, because studying theater would be "a bit of a joke". At the last minute, a drama teacher encouraged her to audition to be a drama major. She eventually majored in theater at York University and graduated with honors and a B.F.A. degree.She began her professional on-screen career with an appearance on the Disney series "The Famous Jett Jackson" (1998) followed by a pilot for MTV. After a few more films, she hit it big after her appearance in the hits Mean Girls (2004) and The Notebook (2004).
Trivia random: Formerly a vegetarian.
- Rachel McAdams .... Lisa Reisert
- Cillian Murphy .... Jackson Rippner
- Brian Cox .... Joe Reisert
- Jayma Mays .... Cynthia
- Angela Paton .... Nice Lady
- Laura Johnson .... Blonde Woman
- Suzie Plakson .... Senior Flight Attendant
- Max Kasch .... Headphone Kid
- Jack Scalia .... William Keefe
- Theresa Press-Marx .... Marianne Taylor
Red Eye tells the story of a young hotel manager Lisa Reisert (Rachel McAdams) who after attending the funeral of her grandmother is on her way back to Miami to make it in time for work the next day. She takes the much delayed Red Eye flight of Fresh Air where she meets Jack Ripner (Cillian Murphy). Soon after take off she realizes that she is infact kidnapped by Jack who needs her in order to assassinate William Keefe (Jack Scalia), head of Homeland Security. Jack threatens her with her fathers death if she refuses to co-operate. At 30000 feet and nowhere to run, what does she do?
Nome di battesimo: Wesley Earl Craven
Data di nascita: 2 August 1939
Altezza: 6' 2" (1.88 m)
Coniuge: Iya Labunka::(27 November 2004 - present), Mimi Craven::(1984 - 1987) (divorced), Bonnie Broecker::(1964 - 1969) (divorced) 2 children
- "The Chris Isaak Show" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Directors" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Exposure" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Great Books" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Magacine" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Stark Raving Mad" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Twilight Zone" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- The Waiting (2007) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- The Breed (2006) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
Wes was born in Cleveland in 1939. After an unhappy childhood (he was raised in a Baptist family) he left Cleveland to study for a degree in English Literature, at Wheaton College, Illinois. But after illness, he left the school for one year before returning to study psychology. In 1963 he took a degree in writing and psychology and in 1964 he took a Masters from J. Hopkins University. While he was a humanities college teacher, Wes married Bonnie Broecker, mother of both his children, Jonathan and Jessica. But after few years, they separated and the children stayed with Bonnie.Wes left his job as a teacher and after employment as taxi driver he became a sound editor for a post-production company in New York. And after the co-direction of Together (1971) with Sean S. Cunningham, Wes made the horror movie, The Last House on the Left (1972). The movie, released in August 1972, was a big success as was his second movie, The Hills Have Eyes (1977), winning the critic's prize at the Sitges Film Festival.Wes has gone onto win many more awards, including one for the best movie at the Avoriaz Film Festival for A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984). More recently he directed Music of the Heart (1999), a change of direction from the horror genre for which he is known.
Trivia random: In 1976 he acted in "Tales That Will Tear Your Heart Out," a project being made under the supervision of friend Roy Frumkes, who was teaching at a state university at that time. Shortly after the filming, the raw stock was mistakingly re-exposed by another student, so both days' shooting were lost.
Altezza: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
Coniuge: Yvonne McGuinness::(2004 - present)
Trivia random: His mother is a French teacher.
Data di nascita: 10 November 1951
Altezza: 6' 1" (1.85 m)
Coniuge: Karen Baldwin::(? - 1996) (divorced) 2 children, Joan Rankin::(? - ?) (divorced)
- "Biography" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Fired Up" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Remington Steele" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Touched by an Angel" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- End Game (2005) .... The President [attore]
- Exit (2005) .... Jack [attore]
- McBride: Anybody Here Murder Marty? (2005) (TV) .... Marty Caine [attore]
- Red Eye (2005/I) .... William Keefe [attore]
- Taylor (2005) .... Mark Sullivan [attore]
- Hollywood Wives: The New Generation (2003) (TV) .... Michael Scorsinni [attore]
Actor hunk Jack Scalia, a Brooklyn native, was an All-American athlete in high school, playing three sports through college, while participating in four triathlons and six marathons. He decided to attempt Hollywood stardom as an actor after an injury ended a pro-baseball career. In 1975, he took advantage of his muscular build and macho good looks by modeling with Armani, later joining the Ford Modeling Agency and signing on as the "Jordache Jeans Man." In January 1980, Scalia made the transition into acting which led to his first film role in the mini-movie "The Star Maker" starring the late Rock Hudson. Scalia got his first taste of series stardom as an unshaven, rough-and-tough detective who joins forces with his slick and debonair father (Hudson again) in the TV series "The Devlin Connection." Though the series had a short life, Scalia received scads of attention. His more popular telefilm credits included "I'll Take Manhattan" (1987), "Ring of Scorpio" (1991), "Lady Boss" (1992), and "Casualties of Love: The Long Island Lolita Story" (1993) playing infamous tabloid newsmaker Joey Buttafuoco, with Alyssa Milano as his teenage object of desire. Though Scalia never scaled to the heights of a Tom Selleck or Pierce Brosnan with that one smash series, he would headline a near record eleven TV shows that kept him constantly in the running. In 2001 he joined the cast of "All My Children" for a time and won a daytime Emmy nomination in the process. He's also been an active hero and villain in lowbudget thrillers such as Endless Descent (1986), T-Force (1995), Act of War (1998), and Ground Zero. More recently he returned from living in Rome, Italy while filming a remake of his American TV series "Tequila and Bonetti." He made his stage debut as the lead in the Pulitzer Prize-nominated play "Red River Rats" in Los Angeles. The tall, dark and hirsutely handsome Scalia has remained a durable "ladies' man" and "man's man" for over two decades.
Trivia random: Modeled briefs in newspaper and magazine ads for Eminence Underwear in the late 1970s.
giovedì 20 ottobre 2005
Ieri sera c'era House: un medico zoppo apparentemente (?) cinico e carogna (ricorda qualcuno da altre serie, per caso? ) alle prese con diagnosi impossibili per chiunque altro.
L'impronta di Bryan Singer e David Shore si sente nei dialoghi taglienti, nel ritmo sostenuto ed in alcuni momenti di regia stylish, comunque mai invadente.
Merita sicuramente tutto il successo che ha avuto, anche se temo possa non reggere sul lungo periodo, essendo di fatto totalmente incentrata sul personaggio del dottor House (che prima o poi dirà tutto quel che aveva da dire, è inevitabile). Per ora ne ho viste solo 3 o 4 puntate, quindi tutto ok.
ER continua a sorprendermi: dopo 2 o 3 stagioni con pochi momenti memorabili (ok, la morte di Greene), quella attualmente in onda mi soddisfa parecchio.
Dopo l'episodio da storia della televisione già commentato, anche gli ultimi due sono stati pregevoli.
Quello sul rapimento di Abby riusciva a tenere incollati alla poltrona per la tensione che riusciva a trasmettere (ma si andava sul sicuro: metti in pericolo la vita di un protagonista ed il gioco è fatto).
Più coraggioso invece l'episodio sulla morte del padre di Deb; è quasi incredibile che una serie così longeva e (pur calata negli ascolti) così sotto gli occhi di tutti (specie in America), riesca ancora a parlare in modo non banale di un tema come l'eutanasia. Non è scontato, e meritano i complimenti.
E poi Ming-Na è una gran topina asian!
Non è proprio nello stesso genere, ma va ricordato anche Scrubs: battute e situazioni comiche a raffica sono sempre una buona tecnica ed infatti ci azzeccano abbastanza spesso, anche se alla lunga l'abuso di situazioni paradossali può dare assuefazione e diventare prevedibile (ma per episodi di 30 minuti lo show regge). Personalmente trovo futili i vari pistolotti morali sulla vita, l'universo e tutto quanto che si ostinano ad inserirvi, ma riconosco che contribuiscono al dare un taglio riconoscibile alla serie.
PS: devo ricordarmi, questa sera, di salire sul tetto e staccare l'antenna: non vorrei che, per errore, mi venisse somministrata una dose letale di qualunquismo. >:)
Data di nascita: 17 September 1965
Altezza: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
- "Celebrities Uncensored" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "HBO First Look" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "House, M.D." (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Sunday Morning Shootout" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- Logan's Run (2006) .... (story) [scrittore]
- Superman Returns (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- ""The Triangle"" (2005) (mini) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- ""House, M.D."" (2004) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- X2 (2003) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) .... Bridge Officer (uncredited) [attore]
Trivia random: Childhood friends with actor Ethan Hawke.
Durata: USA:30 (1963-1976) min
- John Beradino .... Dr. Steve Hardy (1963-1996) (original cast)
- Robin Christopher .... Abby Mitchell (1993)/Antoinette 'Skye/Toni' Patterson Chandler Cudahy Kinder Davidson Quartermaine Jacks (2001- present)
- Darren Kennedy .... Dr. Brenden O'Donnell (2002-present)
- Emily McLaughlin .... Jesse Brewer, R.N. (1963-1990) (original cast)
- Brett Halsey .... Dr. Adam Streeter (1967)
- Rachel Ames .... Audrey March Hardy (1963-; recurring)
- Lucille Wall .... Lucille March Weeks, R.N. (1963-1976, 1982)
- Philip Abbott .... Dr. Alex Baker (1987)
- Ian Abercrombie .... Clive Durban (1993)
- Joel Adams .... Mr. Broussard
Events in this daytime drama are centred in Port Charles, a community on the coast in upper New York. Ongoing plots are centred around the people who work in General Hospital, people who work in the business community (most notably for the Quartermaines' company ELQ), and some sort of international intrigue involving former agents of the WSB (World Security Bureau). Big plots of the past include Luke and Laura's wedding and Mikkos Cassadine's evil weather machine.
Durata: 60 (including commercials) min
- Maura Tierney .... Dr. Abby Lockhart (2000-)
- Mekhi Phifer .... Dr. Gregory Pratt (2002-)
- Goran Visnjic .... Dr. Luka Kovac (1999-)
- Linda Cardellini .... Nurse Samantha Taggart (2003-)
- Parminder Nagra .... Dr. Neela Rasgotra (2003-)
- Shane West .... Dr. Ray Barnett (2004-)
- Scott Grimes .... Dr. Archie Morris (2005-)
- Laura Innes .... Dr. Kerry Weaver (1995-)
- Sharif Atkins .... Dr. Michael Gallant (2001-2004)
- Maria Bello .... Dr. Anna Del Amico (1997-1998)
Michael Crichton has created a medical drama that chronicles life and death in a Chicago hospital emergency room. Each episode tells the tale of another day in the ER, from the exciting to the mundane, and the joyous to the heart-rending. Frenetic pacing, interwoven plot lines, and emotional rollercoastering is used to attempt to accurately depict the stressful environment found there. This show even portrays the plight of medical students in their quest to become physicians.
Durata: 30 min
- ""Century City"" (2004) .... (consulting producer) [produttore]
- ""House, M.D."" (2004) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- ""Hack"" (2002) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- ""Beggars and Choosers"" (1999) .... (consulting producer) [produttore]
- ""Family Law"" (1999) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- ""Traders"" (1996) .... (supervising producer) [produttore]
- ""The Outer Limits"" (1995) .... (writer) (episode "Stream of Consciousness") [scrittore]
- ""Due South"" (1994) .... (writer) (episode "The Blue Line") (writer) (episode "Hawk and A Handsaw") (writer) (episode "Pizzas and Promises") (writer) (episode "Victoria's Secret") (writer) (episode "White Men Don't Jump to Conclusions") [scrittore]
- ""Law & Order"" (1990) .... (producer) (1997-1998) (supervising producer) [produttore]
Nome di battesimo: Ming-Na Wen
Data di nascita: 20 November 1963
Altezza: 5' 4" (1.63 m)
Coniuge: Eric Michael Zee::(16 June 1995 - present) 1 child
- "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "All-American Girl" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "ER" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Inside Dish with Rachael Ray" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "MisteRogers' Neighborhood" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Robot Chicken" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Sharon Osbourne Show" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "World Poker Tour" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
Ming-Na (translated her name means "enlightenment") was born on the island of Macau, a Portuguese territory located 40 miles from Hong Kong that was returned to China last year. Her mother Lin Chan Wen divorced her father when Ming-Na was only a toddler. She has an older brother named Jonathan. After the divorce, they moved to Hong Kong where her mother became a nurse. There her mother met Soo Lim Yee, a Chinese-American businessman. They soon married and at age 4, Ming-Na moved with her family to Queens, New York. Five years later, they transferred to Yee's hometown of Pittsburgh where his family runs the Chinatown Inn restaurant. Jonathan and half-brother, Leong, now manage this restaurant. Struggling to fit in at school, she changed her name to Maggie & Doris. She found a love for acting while appearing in a third grade Easter play, where she played a "klutzy" bunny. Her mother was not excited about her desire to pursue acting, She preferred that she go into medicine. Nonetheless, Ming-Na graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with a degree in theater. She got her first acting job in 1988 on the soap "As the World Turns" (1956). Her big break came when she was cast in The Joy Luck Club (1993). When she needed a ride to the premiere of the film, her acting instructor sent one of his students, Eric Michael Zee. The two started dating in 1994 after Ming-Na moved permanently to LA and married in 1995. Ming-Na dropped her last name, Wen, at that time. She says she is now like Ann-Margret. Zee is a screenwriter and, with Ming-Na, manages At Last, an Asian boy band.
Trivia random: Is a Star Wars fan
martedì 18 ottobre 2005
Ok, forse tanto entusiasmo è un poco eccessivo, ma devo annunciare al mondo che ho pubblicato la versione 2.2 di IMDbPY.
In questa versione ci sono un tot di nuove funzionalità, un casino di bugfixes ed in particolare il supporto per la conversione dell'intera base di dati di IMDb in un database SQL locale presenta notevoli miglioramenti.
Allo stesso tempo ho rilasciato nuove versioni di alcuni programmi basati su IMDbPY; trovate tutto a partire dalla home page.
domenica 16 ottobre 2005
Altro merito del film è l'aver lanciato, assieme a Fuga Da New York del 1981, Kurt Russell - uno dei miei attori-feticcio. ;-D
Voto: 10, da proiettare nelle scuole per mostrare cosa davvero si rende la tensione al cinema.
PS: Carpenter, dove sei? Perché non torni? L'ultimo lavoro è Ghosts of Mars del 2001 e, con tutto il rispetto, faceva schifo.
- Natasha Henstridge .... Melanie Ballard
- Ice Cube .... James 'Desolation' Williams
- Jason Statham .... Jericho Butler
- Clea DuVall .... Bashira Kincaid
- Pam Grier .... Commander Helena Braddock
- Joanna Cassidy .... Dr. Arlene Whitlock
- Richard Cetrone .... Big Daddy Mars
- Rosemary Forsyth .... Inquisitor
- Liam Waite .... Michael Descanso
- Duane Davis .... Uno
200 years in the future a Martian police unit is dispatched to transport a dangerous prisoner from a mining outpost back to justice. But when the team arrives they find the town deserted and some of the inhabitants possessed by the former inhabitants of the planet.
Nome di battesimo: Kurt Vogel Russell
Data di nascita: 17 March 1951
Altezza: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
Coniuge: Season Hubley::(1979 - 1984) (divorced) 1 son
- "60 Minutes" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Arsenio Hall Show" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Cinema mil" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Daniel Boone" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Eleventh Hour" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The F.B.I." (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Fugitive" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Gilligan's Island" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Gunsmoke" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Harry O" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
Kurt Russell landed a part in the Elvis movie, "It Happened at the World's Fair", when he was 10 years old. In 1960, Walt Disney himself signed Russell to a 10 year contract. Once his stint as a child actor ended, he spent the early 1970s playing minor league baseball. In 1979, he gave a classic performance as Elvis Presley in John Carpenter's ABC-TV movie. He followed with roles in a string of well-received films: "Used Cars", "Escape from New York", "The Thing" and "Silkwood". In 1983 he met Goldie Hawn when they worked together on "Swing Shift". The two have lived together ever since. The movie was a failure - as was their next one together, "Overboard". During the 1980's, Russell starred in a rash of disappointments: "The Best of Times", "Big Trouble in Little China" and "Winter People". Finally, his career seemed to be seriously stalled. He only landed "Tango and Cash" after Patrick Swayze dropped out; Dennis Quaid was the first choice for the part in "Backdraft". In the end, these two roles were key in re-establishing him as a box-office draw. Russell and Hawn live on a 72-acre retreat, Home Run Ranch, outside of Aspen. He has two sons, Boston (from a brief marriage to actress Season Hubley) and Wyatt with Hawn).
Trivia random: Brother-in-law of Larry J. Franco.
Data di nascita: c. 1959
Altezza: 6' 2" (1.88 m)
- The Howling (1981) .... (associate producer) [produttore]
- The Fog (1980) .... Blake [attore]
- Humanoids from the Deep (1980) .... Humanoid (uncredited) [attore]
Trivia random: During the making of The Thing (1982), Rob lived on the set in Los Angeles. He worked 7 days a week for over a year. He slept on set and in laboratories. When the project was completed, John Carpenter sent him to hospital where he was diagnosed with extreme exhaustion. Rob vowed never to work so hard again.
- Kurt Russell .... R.J. MacReady
- Wilford Brimley .... Dr. Blair (as A. Wilford Brimley)
- T.K. Carter .... Nauls
- David Clennon .... Palmer
- Keith David .... Childs
- Richard A. Dysart .... Dr. Copper (as Richard Dysart)
- Charles Hallahan .... Vance Norris
- Peter Maloney .... George Bennings
- Richard Masur .... Clark
- Donald Moffat .... Garry
Members of an American scientific research outpost in Antarctica find themselves battling a parasitic alien organism capable of perfectly imitating its victims. They soon discover that this task will be harder than they thought, as they don't know which members of the team have already been assimilated and their paranoia threatens to tear them apart.
Nome di battesimo: John Howard Carpenter
Data di nascita: 16 January 1948
Altezza: 6' (1.83 m)
Coniuge: Sandy King::(1990 - present), Adrienne Barbeau::(1 January 1979 - 1984) (divorced)
- "Carrie on Hollywood" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "The Daily Show" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Durch die Nacht mit..." (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- "Movie Magic" (????) .... [ospite/guest]
- The 13th Apostle (2006) .... [regista]
- Halloween: Retribution (2006) .... (characters) [scrittore]
- Psychopath (2006) .... [scrittore]
- ""Masters of Horror"" (2005) .... (episode "Cigarette Burns") [regista]
- Assault on Precinct 13 (2005) .... (earlier film) [scrittore]
- The Fog (2005) .... (producer) [produttore]
John Carpenter was born in Carthage, New York. His family moved to Bowling Green, Kentucky, where his father was the head of the music department at Western Kentucky University. He attended Western Kentucky University and then USC film school in Los Angeles, not the University of South Carolina. While there, he did "The Resurrection of Bronco Billy" and started "Dark Star". "The Coupe de Villes" included directors Tommy Lee Wallace and Nick Castle.
Trivia random: Is a major NBA fan and has a satellite dish installed on his location trailer to keep up with the games. Always has a portable basketball hoop on location.
- Kurt Russell .... Snake Plissken
- Lee Van Cleef .... Police Commissioner Bob Hauk
- Ernest Borgnine .... Cabbie
- Donald Pleasence .... President of the United States
- Isaac Hayes .... The Duke of New York
- Season Hubley .... Girl in Chock Full O'Nuts
- Harry Dean Stanton .... Harold 'Brain' Helman
- Adrienne Barbeau .... Maggie
- Tom Atkins .... Rehme
- Charles Cyphers .... Secretary of State
A condemned criminal and former war hero is offered his freedom if he can rescue the President of the United States from the walled prison island of Manhattan after a terrorist brings down the President's plane in this futuristic adventure.