L'agente Ethan Hunt scopre che Truman Capote ha rubato Il Grande Romanzo Americano® al sublime potente magnifico retro-illuminato Ron Hubbard; riuscirà a risolvere la situazione dopo aver sconfitto un paio di covi di infedeli (il Vaticano e la Cina). Nel mentre, in una sotto-trama, Morpheus deve aver sbagliato pillola, a giudicare dalla faccia che ha.
Diretto da Mr. Alias, Mission: Impossible III non è nulla più di quanto promesso: uno spericolato esercizio muscolare (pochi i muscoli della faccia coinvolti, tranquilli) per Il Tappo Più Padre Del Mondo®. La ricetta è la solita e non è neanche cucinata particolarmente male, solo che alla fin fine non c'è maschera di gomma o alteratore della voce che lo spettatore non riesca a prevedere con 20 minuti di anticipo.
Nome di battesimo: Abrams, Jeffrey Jacob
Data di nascita: 27 June 1966
Coniuge: McGrath, Katie::(? - present) 3 children
- Star Trek XI (2008) .... (producer) [produttore]
- The Good Sailor (2007) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- Mission: Impossible III (2006) .... (written by) [scrittore]
- Six Degrees (2006) (TV) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- The Catch (2005) (TV) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- Alias (2004) (VG) .... (creator) [scrittore]
- The Animated Alias: Tribunal (2004) (V) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- Joy Ride (2001/I) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Shrek (2001) .... (propellerhead: Los Angeles pre-production) (as Jeffrey Abrams) [misc]
- The Suburbans (1999) .... (producer) [produttore]
Trivia random: Has three children with wife Katie: Henry (b. 1998), Gracie (1999) and August (11th of January, 2006).
Nome di battesimo: IV, Thomas Cruise Mapother
Data di nascita: 3 July 1962
Altezza: 5' 7" (1.70 m)
Coniuge: Nicole Kidman::(24 December 1990 - 8 August 2001) (divorced) 2 (adopted) children, Mimi Rogers::(9 May 1987 - 4 February 1990) (divorced)
- The Few (2008) .... Billy Fiske (attached) [attore]
- 3:10 to Yuma (2007) .... Ben Wade (rumored) [attore]
- Ask the Dust (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Deathrace 3000 (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- The Eye (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- I Married a Witch (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Mission: Impossible III (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Untitled Sam Jones/Motocross Project (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- War Magician (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Blown (2005) (V) .... (special thanks) [misc]
In 1976, if you had told 14 year old Franciscan seminary student Thomas Cruise Mapother IV that one day in the not too distant future he would be considered one of the top 100 movie stars of all time, he would have probably grinned and told you that his ambition was to become a priest. Nonetheless, this sensitive, deeply religious youngster who was born in 1962 in Syracuse, New York, was destined to become Tom Cruise, one of the highest paid and most sought after actors in screen history. The only son (among four children) of nomadic parents young Tom spent his boyhood eternally on the move and by the time he was 14 he had attended 15 different schools in the US and Canada. He finally settled in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, with his mother and her new husband. While in high school, he developed an interest in acting and abandoned his plans of becoming a priest, dropped out of school, and at age 18 headed for New York and a possible acting career. The next 15 years of his life are the stuff of legends. He made his film debut with a small part in Endless Love (1981) and from the outset exhibited an undeniable box office appeal to both male and female audiences.Though below average height and not particularly handsome in the traditional sense, within 5 years Tom Cruise was starring in some of the top grossing films of the 1980s including Top Gun (1986); The Color of Money (1986), Rain Man (1988) and Born on the Fourth of July (1989). By the 1990s he was one of the highest paid actors in the world earning an average 15 million dollars a picture in such blockbuster hits as Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994), Mission: Impossible (1996) and Jerry Maguire (1996) - for which he received an Academy Award Nomination for best actor. In 1990 he renounced his devout Catholic beliefs and embraced The Church Of Scientology claiming that Scientology teachings had cured him of the dyslexia that had plagued him all of his life. A kind and thoughful man well known for his compassion and generosity, Tom Cruise is one of the best liked members of the movie community. He was married to actress Nicole Kidman until 2001. Thomas Cruise Mapother IV has indeed come a long way from the lonely wanderings of his youth.
Trivia random: Was named the #1 top money-making star at the box office in Quigley Publications annual poll of movie exhibitors a record six between 1986 and 2001. Bing Crosby and Burt Reynolds both were named #1 for five consecutive years, and Clint Eastwood and Tom Hanks also have been #1 five times, but non-consecutively.
Citazione random: "Personally, I don't have all the information President Bush has. But I believe Saddam has committed many crimes against humanity and his own people." [On the Iraq War]
Mission: Impossible III (2006)
Regista: J.J. Abrams
Scrittore: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci
Genere: Action, Adventure, Thriller
Valutazione: 7.0/10 (4467 voti)
Durata: 126 min
Lingua: English, Italian, Mandarin
- Tom Cruise .... Ethan Hunt
- Ving Rhames .... Luther Strickell
- Keri Russell .... Lindsey Ferris
- Philip Seymour Hoffman .... Owen Davian
- Bahar Soomekh .... Ms. Kari
- Laurence Fishburne .... John Brassel
- Billy Crudup .... John Musgrave
- Simon Pegg .... Benji Dunn
- Michelle Monaghan .... Julia
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers .... Declan
Super-spy Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) has retired from active duty to trains new IMF agents. But he is called back into action to confront the toughest villain he's ever faced - Owen Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman), an international weapons and information provider with no remorse and no conscience. Hunt assembles his team - his old friend Luther Strickell (Ving Rhames), transportation expert Declan (Jonathan Rhys Meyers), background operative Zhen (Maggie Q), and fresh recruit Lindsey (Keri Russell) - to travel the globe pursuing Davian and rescue Hunt's love, Julia (Michelle Monaghan).
Trivia random: While the producers signed on J.J. Abrams as director in August 2004 after Joe Carnahan's departure, the film was abruptly delayed for at least a year due to Tom Cruise's commitment to the abruptly green-lit War of the Worlds (2005). The production was delayed until Summer 2005, causing the film to be released in 2006. Abrams was hired after Cruise saw episodes of the Abrams series "Alias" (2001) on DVD and was impressed.
Hubbard, L. Ron
Nome di battesimo: Hubbard, Lafayette Ronald
Data di nascita: 13 March 1911
Data di morte: 24 January 1986
Coniuge: Mary Sue Whipp::(30 October 1952 - 24 January 1986) (his death) 4 children, Sara Northrup::(10 August 1946 - 13 June 1951) (divorced), Margaret Louise Grubb::(13 April 1933 - 24 December 1947) (divorced) 2 children
- Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 (2000) .... (novel) [scrittore]
- The Different TR Courses and Their Criticism (1998) .... [scrittore]
- The Auditor's Code (1997) .... [scrittore]
- Body Motion Reads (1997) .... [scrittore]
- The Cycle of Communication (1996) .... [scrittore]
- Orientation: A Scientology Information Film (1996) .... (uncredited) [scrittore]
- The Art of Communication (1995) .... [scrittore]
- Assists (1995) .... [scrittore]
- Confessional TRs (1995) .... [scrittore]
- How to Use Dianetics: A Visual Guidebook to the Human Mind (1992) (V) .... (book Dianetics) [scrittore]
Trivia random: He founded the Church of Scientology in 1954.
Hoffman, Philip Seymour
Data di nascita: 23 July 1967
Altezza: 5' 9½" (1.77 m)
- The Savages (2007) .... [attore]
- Mission: Impossible III (2006) .... Owen Davian [attore]
- Capote (2005) .... (executive producer) [produttore]
- Empire Falls (2005) (TV) .... Charlie Mayne [attore]
- Flat (2005) .... (super special thanks) [misc]
- Strangers with Candy (2005) .... Henry, Board Of Education [attore]
- Along Came Polly (2004) .... Sandy Lyle [attore]
- Cold Mountain (2003) .... Reverend Veasey [attore]
- Mattress Man Commercial (2003) (V) .... Dean Trumbell [attore]
- Owning Mahowny (2003) .... Dan Mahowny [attore]
Film and stage actor and theater director Philip Seymour Hoffman was born in the Rochester, New York, suburb of Fairport on July 23, 1967. After becoming involved in high school theatrics, he attended New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, graduating with a B.F.A. degree in Drama in 1989. He made his feature film debut in the indie production Triple Bogey on a Par Five Hole (1991) as Phil Hoffman, and his first role in a major release came the next year in My New Gun (1992). While he had supporting roles in some other major productions, his breakthrough role came in Paul Thomas Anderson's Boogie Nights (1997). He quickly became an icon of indie cinema, establishing a reputation as one of the screen's finest actors, in a variety of supporting and second leads in indie and major features, including Todd Solondz's Happiness (1998), Flawless (1999), The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), Anderson's Magnolia (1999), Almost Famous (2000) and State and Main (2000). He also appeared in supporting roles in such mainstream, big-budget features as Red Dragon (2002), Cold Mountain (2003) and the upcoming Mission: Impossible III (2006).Hoffman is also quite active on the stage. On Broadway he has earned two Tony nominations, as Best Actor (Play) in 2000 for a revival of Sam Shepard's "True West" and as Best Actor (Featured Role - Play) in 2003 for a revival of Eugene O'Neill (I)'s "Long Day's Journey into Night." His other acting credits in the New York theater include "The Seagull" (directed by Mike Nichols for The New York Shakespeare Festival), "Defying Gravity," "The Merchant of Venice" (directed by Peter Sellars), "Shopping and F*@%ing" and "The Author's Voice" (Drama Desk nomination). He is the Co-Artistic Director of the LAByrinth Theater Company in New York, for which he directed "Our Lady of 121st Street" by Stephen Adly Guirgis. He also has directed "In Arabia, We'd All Be Kings" and "Jesus Hopped the A Train" by Guirgis for LAByrinth, and "The Glory of Living" by Rebecca Gilman at the Manhattan Class Company.Hoffman consolidated his reputation as one of the finest actors under the age of 40 with his turn in the title role of Capote (2005), for which he won the Los Angeles Film Critics Award as Best Actor.
Trivia random: Taught an advanced "Directing the Actor" class for one semester at Columbia University School of the Arts Graduate Film Division during 2003.
Citazione random: "Acting is so difficult for me that, unless the work is of a certain stature in my mind, unless I reach the expectations I have of myself, I'm unhappy. Then it's a miserable existence. I'm putting a piece of myself out there. If it doesn't do anything, I feel so ashamed. I'm afraid I'll be the kind of actor who thought he would make a difference and didn't. Right now, though, I feel like I made a little bit of difference."
Data di nascita: 30 July 1961
Altezza: 6' 0½" (1.84 m)
Coniuge: Gina Torres::(20 September 2002 - present), Hajna O. Moss::(1985 - 199?) (divorced) 2 children
- A Landlord's Tale (2007) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Akeelah and the Bee (2006) .... (producer) [produttore]
- The Death and Life of Bobby Z (2006) .... Tad Gruzsa [attore]
- Mission: Impossible III (2006) .... John Brassel [attore]
- Assault on Precinct 13 (2005) .... Marion Bishop [attore]
- The Beltway (2005) .... (producer) [produttore]
- Five Fingers (2005) .... (producer) [produttore]
- The Matrix Online (2005) (VG) .... Morpheus (voice) [attore]
- True Crime: New York City (2005) (VG) .... Isaiah Reed (voice) [attore]
- Biker Boyz (2003) .... Smoke [attore]
An excellent, underused actor who finally started getting good roles in the early 1990s, Fishburne caught the acting bug at age 10, and made his film debut in Cornbread, Earl and Me (1975). Four years later he appeared as "Clean," one of the PT-boat crew members accompanying Martin Sheen on his odyssey in Francis Coppola's epic Vietnam saga Apocalypse Now (1979), an experience that Fishburne says had a profound effect on him. He also worked in Coppola's Rumble Fish (1983) and The Cotton Club (1984), Steven Spielberg's The Color Purple (1985), and Spike Lee's School Daze (1986), among others, but started making an impact on audiences as a vice lord in King of New York (1990), Gene Hackman's legal assistant in Class Action (1991), and especially, as Furious Styles, the father (and soul) of John Singleton's Boyz N the Hood (1991). Fishburne finally achieved leading-man status as an undercover narcotics agent in Deep Cover (1992), and received a Tony Award that same year for his Broadway debut in August Wilson's acclaimed play, "Two Trains Running." In 1993 Fishburne doffed the name "Larry" in favor of Laurence, and scored an Oscar-nominated knockout as selfish soul singer Ike Turner in What's Love Got to Do With It then turned in a typically strong supporting performance in Searching for Bobby Fischer That same year he won an Emmy for an episode of the short-lived TV series "Tribeca." Since then, he has appeared in Bad Company, Higher Learning and Just Cause (all 1995). Fishburne is also known to many kids as Cowboy Curtis from the TV series "Pee-wee's Playhouse." Copyright © 1994 Leonard Maltin, used by arrangement with Signet, a division of Penguin Putnam, Inc.
Trivia random: He changed his name from Larry to Laurence in his films in 1991.
Citazione random: "I've played a lot of bad guys, 'cause that was the only work I could get. People saw my face and went 'oooh'."